Friday, March 25, 2011

Time Flies

So we went to see Vanessa in her play tonight and all I keep thinking was "my gosh, my little girl is a junior in high school, where did the time go?" I can remember when Vanessa was a little baby and she fit in the forearm of her daddy. She was the most beautiful baby ever. Through her toddler years she was the best baby a young mother could ask for. I gave birth to Vanessa when I was 17 years old and I had no idea that sweet little girl would change my life forever!!! Children do not come out with a handbook attached and as parents we try our best to do what we think is the right thing. As time goes by, mistakes are made and we learn from those mistakes, but we can never get those years back. So the next time you tell your child good-night sit down and have a conversation with them and tell them how much they mean to you rather than telling them to get their book bags or shoes out of the living room. Let the mess sit for an extra day because when our children are all grown up and our house is spotless we will miss those moments that we shared with our children. Don't take advantage of the time we have today!!!! Good night all

Vanessa and Mario....I love you both for all the joy you bring in my life!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment