Friday, July 1, 2011

To Paint or not to Paint??????

So I recently moved from a 3 bedroom townhouse, which we rented, and I was not able to paint any of the rooms. Needless to say we had the opportunity to stare at white walls for a year and a half. So you can understand why I almost fell to the floor with excitement when my new apartment landlord gave me the news that I could in fact paint the walls at my apartment. I was shocked, I did not think any apartment complex gave you permission to paint or maybe I just never lived in the right ones:)

Now I have the painful dilemma of whether or not to take on the task of repainting every room in my apartment. I really really want to, but we all know how involved a project like this can be. However today is Friday and we have a long weekend because of the fourth of July, so I am thinking painting party this weekend. Now for the next dilemma........

What colors do I want to paint?????? I have a tan couch so tan for the living room is out, my sister suggested I paint a light blue and at first I was like no way, it just did not sound like a match for me, but the more I think about the color and try to picture it in my living room, the more I like the idea. So I went to Behr.com and did a interactive color pallet and found 2 that I might go with.

I am thinking this for my living room (this is not my living room, just like the paint color)



I am thinking this for my dining room (again not my dining room)


I am thinking this color for my kitchen, I love the color purple


I am sitting here racking my brain trying to think of the perfect colors.....I think I am going to go to the store tonight (well maybe tomorrow, because we are going to a comedy show tonight) and buy new pillows for my couch and pull the colors from the pillows....also I will consult my older sister about this issue as well.....anyway I hope everyone has a fantastic 4th of July weekend. I will post before and after pictures if and when I decide on paint colors.....

No comments:

Post a Comment