Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Blues!!!!!

     Another weekend has come and gone. Why does it feel as if those 2 wonderful days just fly by week by week, but our work week seems to linger on forever?? I am sure those are the feelings of anyone who works a 9-5er. Which mine is really a 8-5er with my hour lunch break that is always too long.

     So this weekend was pretty good, I spent quite a bit of time with Vanessa and of course I enjoy doing that. Junior likes to get away as much as possible and he does just that. Friday night I did steal the kids away to go to dinner and see a movie. We ended up going to eat at Arby's {one of my favorite fast food} We went to see "Jumping the Broom" which was very good, the kids and I enjoyed our time together. After the movie we just went home and had a laid back night.

     Saturday morning my sister called me at 10:40 and I was instantly reminded that my nephew was having his birthday party for his friends at 11 am and we were invited. So I woke the kids up and told them we had to get ready in 10 mins cause we were going to be late. Of course we were late anyway:) The party was cute, they played water guns, pin the tail on Sophia the donkey, {one kid pinned the tail on Sophia} cars pinata, and we ate hot dogs and hamburgers and of course cake. It was all good and the kids had fun, even the little boy who got stung by a bee, which was very sad.

     After the birthday party we decided to go to Carowinds because at the time the weather was very nice and cool, but of course when we get to Carowinds the sun was blazing. Just Vanessa and I went with the Carsto family, this was when Mario Jr. left us for most of the rest of the weekend. He was invited to his friends house and so before we went to Carowinds we dropped him off. Vanessa and I spent a couple of hours at carowinds and we had enough. We left and took Bryana  with us and we all went to Wendy's for dinner. Vanessa ended up leaving her purse there and we had to make an emergency trip back to Wendy's that night. That night I watched The Lincoln Lawyer because I heard it was really good, I thought it was ok, but I could have gone without seeing it.

     Sunday was just a cleaning and lounging day, I did make Mario come home from his friends house so he could clean and then he went right back over there. After all this typing, it does seem like I did a lot this weekend, but waking up on Monday morning is always a reminder of how quickly the weekend passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment