Thursday, June 30, 2011

My weight struggle!!!!!

So I have been struggling with my weight ever since I had my children and as much as I love my children they have ruined my body!!! It has come time to change the way I eat and my activity level. On March 3, 2010, my sister Michelle and I quit smoking, needless to say I have packed on added weight that I had previously lost. Prior to quitting smoking, Michelle and I were on a major health kick, we were paying close attention to what we ate and we were work out fools, zumba being our FAVE workout. So now that it has been over a year since I have quit smoking, I feel it is time to change my eating habits and to get back at my working out. Since Monday I have been to a zumba class every night and I plan on attending tonight. If you have not been to a zumba class it is worth the visit. Zumba is one hour of Latin influenced cardio and it burns probably between 500-700 calories depending on the intensity of the instructor. I am excited to get back at working out. The difference I have felt in just the 3 days I have done zumba is amazing. I always have more energy when I work out and it really does feel like I am accomplishing something. I would say I probably have a good 50-60 pounds to lose and I am ready to do it. I hope by blogging about it I will hold myself accountable to sticking with it and make life changes. I never say I am on a diet, only that I am changing my health habits.

Happy Exercising!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment